Graphic Design Course details: Graphic Design is a procedure through which visual content is created to deliver messages or information to the large number of people. To create contents using Graphic Design, some elements are needed like photos, colors, descriptions, typography and various kinds of icons and regarded as the part of the communication design.
Table of Content:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Entrance Examinations
- Role of a Graphic Designer
- Various Courses
- Skills Required for Graphic Designing
- Syllabus of Graphic Design
- Job Opportunities
- Average Salary of a Graphic Designer
- Top Colleges for Graphic Design Course
It is assumed that the first art was used around 18,000 years before to draw cave paintings, in modern days, Graphic Design is used to prepare logos, various design and photos in the books, magazines, newspapers, for advertisement, in the packaging of products, and for many other purpose.
Also Read: Computer Courses After 12th
Willing candidates may pursue Graphic Design course in under-graduation or in the post-graduation with any specialization. There are some top level institutions where students can pursue Graphic Design courses such as National Institute of Design (NID), Pearl Academy, etc.
After completing Graphic Design course, candidates are for the various posts such as Teacher or Lecturer, Graphic Designer, Design Manager, Picture Editor, etc.
How to Become a Graphic Designer?
Students of any stream whether science, arts or commerce completed their 12th from a recognized board are eligible to take admission in the Graphic Design course. In case of post-graduation, candidates have to complete bachelor’s degree in the respective field.
Many top level institutions in India take admission test to grant admission in the Graphic Design course. We have mention some famous entrance examination to shortlist meritorious students among them are IIAD Entrance Exam, Pearl Academy Entrance Exam, NID Entrance Exam, AIEED, TDV Entrance Exam.
Role of a Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer has certain responsibilities to be perform during their duty. We have mention here some of the important responsibilities:
- They arrange meetings with the clients and discuss about their requirements and other parameters like budget and future possibilities.
- They maintain communication with the various clients and organizations, and work by exchanging advice, format, and about production.
- They prepare various innovative ideas in their designing.
- They prepare layout of drafts by researching according to the requirement of organizations or clients.
- For the illustration of products, logo of the organization and official websites, they prepare layouts and designs.
- Give suggestions about the final layouts after inspecting for further improvements.
- They make sure that the work will be done before deadline and a high quality printout will be available.
Various Courses to Become a Graphic Designer
Candidates who wants to become a Graphic Designer can pursue any of the following courses.
|Course Name||Course Fee(₹)|
|B. Des in Graphic Design||50,000 to 3,50,000 P.A.|
|B.Sc. Graphic Design||20,000 to 4,50,000 P.A.|
|B.A. in Graphic Design||20,000 to 4,50,000 P.A.|
|M. Des in Graphic Design||1,50,000 to 6,00,000 P.A.|
|Certificate Course in Graphic Design||50,000 to 1,00,000 P.A.|
|Diploma in Graphic Designing||40,000 to 94,000 P.A.|
Also Read: Best Job Oriented Diploma Courses
Skills Required for Graphic Designing
To be successful in the field of Graphic Designing, you should have some certain skills such as Creativity, Time Management, Knowledge of Software, Knowledge of Programming Languages, Visualisation, better Communication Skills, expert in visual design, excellent interpersonal skills, Able to tackle the Strict Deadlines, IT Skills, Critical Thinking.
Syllabus of Graphic Design
As per the type of education a candidate gain is responsible for the type of job opportunities. We have discussed about some job profile of a Graphic Designer.
- Art Directors: They are hired by various organizations and prepare visual style for newspaper, movies, television, product packaging. They gathered information from the clients and other management of the organizations and analyse the brand and know about the target.
- Web Designer: Their main work is to design and build websites. They design fonts, images, text, colours, HTML, and other parameters that are useful for the layout of their websites.
- Industrial Designer: With the combination of business, art and engineering, they design products for the day-to-day like for the people. They take into consideration various facts such as production cost, functions, aesthetics and durability of the products during preparing the concepts of new products.
- Craft and Fine Arts: They prepare various objects that are handmade like textiles, pottery, glassware and many more things. To prepare this objects, they use different types of materials and take technological help.
- Product Designer: They are mainly control the visual representation of various products. Information of architecture and design of the system are taken care by a Product Designer of any product.
There are many leading companies that hire Graphic Designer in their organization in the department of Graphic Designing. We have mention some of the top recruiting companies of Graphic Designing such as Edge Studio, New Delhi, Mango blossom Design, Mumbai, Cogwheel Studios, SAP Labs India Pvt Ltd, Wipro technologies.
Average Salary of a Graphic Designer
As per experience and skills, their average salary varies from organization to organization. A senior level experienced and expert professionals able to earn around INR 15,00,000 per annum.
- Initial Salary(Average): INR 1,50,000
- Mid-Level Salary (Average): INR 3,00,000
- Senior-Level Salary (Average): INR 7,00,000
Top Colleges for Graphic Design Course
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Navi Mumbai
- National Institute of Design, Bengaluru
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Chennai
- National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
- Footwear Design and Development Institute, Noida
- VIDM Institute of Design and Management, New Delhi
- Arena Animation, Bengaluru
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi
- YMCA Institute for Office Management, New Delhi
- Kanya Maha Vidyalaya (KMV), Jalandhar
- Koshys Animation & Media School (KAMS), Bangalore
- Ellen School of Art and Design, Jaipur
- UPES, Dehradun
We hope this post will help you to know the graphic design course details, eligibility criteria, role of graphic designer, skills, job opportunities, average salary, top colleges, etc. For get more post like this visit this website regular basis. Also, you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get latest post notification immediately.
Graphic Design Course FAQs
Q1. What is the responsibility of a Graphic Designer?
Ans: Their main work is to prepare different concepts or demonstration that are visual whether handmade or with the help of various computer software. Through this visualization, they help to communicate with the clients or other organization. They also involve in preparing layout design for various purposes such as brochures, reports, magazines, advertisements etc.
Q2. Is it good to pursue career in Graphic Design?
Ans: With the advancement of technology and growth of World Wide Web, demand of this profession is very high. If you want pursue career in Graphic Designing, you must have creative thinking, good communication skill, intuition along with technical skills.
Q3. What are the Job Opportunities of Graphic Designer?
Ans: There are many job opportunities for a Graphic Designer. There are some popular posts in an organization for which Graphic Designer are hired such as Creative Director, Graphic Designer, Art Director, Marketing Manager, Drafter.
Q4. What is the average salary of a Graphic Designer?
Ans: According to the experience and skills, they are paid descent amount by the various organizations. Initially, they are paid INR 1,50,000 and after having experience, they get an average of INR 7,00,000.
Q5. What is the duration of Graphic Design course?
Ans: Generally, it takes 4 years to complete undergraduate degree of Graphic Designing. But, there are some diploma courses that takes lesser time to complete Graphic Designing. At post graduate level course of Graphic Designing is of two years.